Stage 1: Administrative Selection
Prospective students should refer to Universitas Airlangga website (www.ppmb.unair.ac.id) regarding the requirements and schedule for registration.
A. General Requirements (valid for all new students of Faculty of Medicine Universitas Airlangga)
- Medical doctors with Indonesian citizenship graduated from Bachelor Program in Medicine/Faculty of Medicine (for graduates of 2004 onwards) accredited A/B by BAN-PT (National Board of Accreditation of Higher Education Institutions) and from public/private Universities/Institutions (exclusive to graduates of 2015) in Indonesia accredited by BAN-PT. Medical doctors with foreign citizenships must have a Permit/Approval Letter from the Ministry, meet the requirements of Indonesian Medical Council (KKI) and Indonesian Immigration, and have an understanding of Indonesian language proven by a Certificate of Indonesian Language Proficiency from Pusat Bahasa (Language Center) of Universitas Airlangga.
- Not having any disability that may hamper the study as specifically required by the selected program, proven by a valid certificate from an authorized government institution/hospital.
- Having adequate function of vision and hearing so as not to disrupt learning process.
- Copy of valid ID card (KTP).
- Copy of Diploma and Academic Transcripts of Bachelor in Medicine, legalized by the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine (Cumulative GPA Conversion is unacceptable).
- Copy of Certificate and Academic Transcript of Medical Professional Education, legalized by the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine (Cumulative GPA Conversion is unacceptable).
- Graduated as medical doctors for a minimum of 1 (one) year upon passing the Indonesian Doctor Competency Examination (UKDI) proven by enclosing a copy of UKDI Certificate and recommendation letter on previous work experience at a Health Care Institution (Public/Private Hospital and or Community Health Center/Clinic) for 1 (one) year since the issuance of Doctor’s Practice License (SIP).
- Applicants graduated from Bachelor Program in Medicine applying Competence-based Curriculum (KBK) are required to enclose Internship Completion Letter (STSI) issued by Provincial Committee of Indonesian Doctor Internship (KIDI) and recommendation letter on previous work/completion of Internship Program at Health Care Institution (Public/Private Hospital and or Community Health Center/Clinic) for 1 (one) year since the issuance of Doctor’s Practice License (SIP).
- Applicants completing PTT program are required to present a copy of the Decree of PTT (temporary employment program) Appointment and Placement and Statement of Service Completion from the Ministry of Health.
- Applicants currently employed as civil servants (PNS) are required to enclose a copy of the Decree of Appointment as Civil Servant Candidate (CPNS) and Decree of Appointment as Civil Servant (PNS) and applicants who are members of the Armed Forces (TNI)/National Police Force (POLRI) are required to enclose a copy of Letter of First Order (Sprin) and Letter of Last Order (Sprin).
- Having a Letter of Approval to attend Specialty Program (PPDS) from the superior (for those currently employed).
- Having a Letter of Recommendation from Regional Board of Indonesian Doctor Association (IDI) stating that applicants have never conducted malpractice or a breach of Indonesian Medical Ethics Code.
- Having a Letter of Recommendation from Regional Board of Indonesian Doctor Association (IDI) to transfer to IDI Surabaya branch upon acceptance as student/resident (PPDS).
- Having a valid Doctor’s Registration Letter (STR) from Indonesian Medical Council (at least 6 months prior to expiry).
- Having a valid Doctor’s Practice License (SIP) from an authorized institution (Provincial/Municipal Health Office) (at least 6 months prior to expiry).
- Presenting a Letter of Declaration stating compliance to all regulations applied at Dr. Soetomo Regional General Hospital, Faculty of Medicine Universitas Airlangga and the respective Specialty Program.
- Presenting a Letter of Declaration stating willingness to be assigned in any parts of Indonesia during the study at the Specialty Program (PPDS) and upon graduating as specialist doctor, as acknowledged and approved by the applicant’s parents/spouse.
- Having a Letter of Approval to attend Specialty Program (PPDS) at Faculty of Medicine Universitas Airlangga from Parents/Spouse.
- Applicants with study assignment from the Ministry of Health, the Armed Forces, National Police, private institutions, are required to to show a letter that all the tuition fees will be covered by Ministry of Health, Armed Forces, National Police, or respective private institutions.
- Having a letter of approval/recommendation/assignment from parent institution, as follow:
a. Applicants from Ministry of Health must enclose a Letter of Approval from local Provincial Health Office.
b. Applicants from Armed Forces (TNI)/Police (POLRI) obtaining Study Leave from Ministry of Defense must enclose a letter of approval from TNI Headquarters/Indonesian Police Chief.
c. Applicants completing PTT program will be further arranged in accordance with the existing implementation guidelines.
- Having a Certificate of Police Record (SKCK)/Certificate of Good Behavior (SKKB) from a City Resort Police (Polresta) or the equivalent. Applicants from Armed Forces (TNI)/Police Force (POLRI) are required to have a legalized Certificate of Good Behavior (SKKB) from the respective units.
- Presenting a Curriculum Vitae.
- Having a Drug Free Certificate from Dr. Soetomo Regional General Hospital or other Public Hospitals, within the past 3 (three) months and submitting Laboratory Test Results including complete urine tests, complete blood tests, SGOT, SGPT, HBSAg, Creatinine Serum, Ureum and Thorax Photo (X-Ray Photo and its Letter of Interpretation).
- Having a Letter of Declaration stating inactivity as members of any political party, either at the time of registration or during the study at the Specialty Program (PPDS).
B. Specific Requirements (For Specialty Program in Urology)
- No more than 35 years of age at the commencement of the Specialty Program (PPDS) (January 1, for Even Semester Registration and Juli 1, for Odd Semester Registration).
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of Bachelor Program in Medicine >2.50.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of Doctor Professional Education Program >3.00.
- Having ELPT Certificate with a score of > 450 from Universitas Airlangga Language Center (Pusat Bahasa) or TOEFL Certificate with a score of >450 from a recognized institution.
- Willing to leave general practice as a medical doctor during the study at Specialty Program in Urology.
- Having ATLS Certificate.
Stage 2: Academic Potential Test (TPA) dan Psychology Test (MMPI) at the university
Upon agreeing to the above requirements, applicants are required to make a transfer payment to obtain voucher number of the online registration form. The form is then printed, filled in and completed with all the necessary documents to be verified on the specified schedule. Applicants who pass the verification stage receive exam cards along with the exam schedule. The TPA and psychotest are held at Universitas Airlangga.
Stage 3: Written Test and Interviews at Urology Program
Upon taking the university exam, prospective students take exams given in each program, either written test or interviews. Results of the exams will be announced as scheduled on Universitas Airlangga website.
Here’s a link to the registration information of Specialty Program in Urology: